Productive Play Recap
Show # 9
Happy Holidays and thanks to all who tuned in to Productive Play. This week we discussed the importance of enjoying the holiday season and how you can encourage your child to use life skills such as helping and responsibility to take some of the holiday workload! We also shared two specific activities that your child can do this holiday season to help out around the house, while also having fun and learning new skills.
After each Productive Play show, we recap the episode here on the Word of Mom Radio Blog. Everyone is busy so if you had to tune out early, missed the original show, or need a refresher of the activities and what we discuss, this is where you can check back and find all the information you need!
Table Setting Template
Phase 1 Month 3 Activity 24
• construction paper
• silverware-knife, spoon, fork
• On construction paper make a template for a place setting
• Put plate, silverware, and glass in correct place on the paper
• Trace around plate, glass, and silverware
• Place template on table and have child set table for family meals
• When child appears ready, let him set table without the template
• Make the template personal to your family. Like two glasses at meals? Or always have a salad place?
• Don’t forget the napkin! Challenge your child to fold different shapes, triangle, and square or rectangle napkins to finish off the perfect table setting.
Getting your child involved in cleaning!
• spray bottle non-toxic cleaners (Honest Company, Dapple or Simple Green)
• microfiber towel or paper towels
• mental or written down checklist
• determine what your bathroom needs on it’s checklist
• create checklist that matches these needs and write it on a piece of paper and store somewhere convenient
Bath Checklist for Child
1) Toilet Paper on Roll?
2) Extra Roll Available?
3) Clean hand towel?
4) Enough soap and lotion?
5) Wipe down sink and countertop
1) “Clean Up!”- song by Simple Learning- a fun song to sing when it’s time to clean up!
2) Berenstain Bears Lend a Helping Hand- by Stan and Jan Berenstain. Try the video book too!
Have a wonderful and safe holiday season with family and friends!Meet Debi Dutton and Elissa Sungar Thanks for stopping by Word of Mom Radio. We are quite excited for the opportunity to share ideas and activities during the monthly show of Productive Play. If you have any questions, or show ideas or feedback, please feel free to reach out to us. And remember to visit www.ifnotyouwho.org and discover over 300+ free activities that help prepare kids for kindergarten and life! ~ Debi & Elissa